Friday, September 08, 2006

Tipsy

I met my friend Trisha for beer and garlic bread after work today. We get together occasionally and whine/commiserate/enjoy what's going on in our lives. Tonight I had about 2.5 mugs of beer, which is 1.5 more than I usually have. I am feeling it. Amazingly I didn't feel any effects while driving home till I was about a mile away, at which point I was very glad I was on a 2 lane county road since I definitely felt drunk. I got a ticket already this morning for turning right at an intersection that has a 'no turn on red' sign, so I really, really didn't want to get stopped for driving while intoxicated.

So, any in-depth posting will have to wait till in the morning. Of course, tomorrow is the Saturday that I have put off pretty much everything that I should have been doing for the past month. Since posting is the least of the things I should deal with I may actually get that done. Oh, and I haven't heard from the broker I called to see if they would buy my house. Somewhat surprisingly, I saw another sign with a url for a place that 'pays cash for houses'. I will at last go to the website. I am still mostly trying to figure out what the gig is with these folks. So far I know that not calling me back is part of the game. I am not desperate, so I can sit and play as long as they want to. I imagine that for folks who are in dire financial straits and see this place as their only hope, waiting for a few days is a killer and may make them more ready to do whatever it takes to work with the company. Not so for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment