Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hate the new Blogger

And by Blogger I mean the new interface, not a person. I just now am seeing it for the first time. This may be the brick that breaks the proverbial camel's back for me to switch to my own domain and software. I have started doing some of the detail work behind the scenes. However, my backup by just cutting and pasting ended up corrupted. In my sleep-walking state before vacation I just let it go. Back to work...

Lots of stuff pushing me to get back to my techie roots. Guess I should listen.

As for the hammock, tomorrow I'll tie the ends on. This past week at work was interesting, and a change in duties that is a good thing. I'm working to do a good job so it lasts as long as possible. However, at the end of the day I had no brain cells left to even do the half hour of work to finish the hammock. I will also retrieve my camera from wherever it is and take a picture. :)

I bought the book Getting Things Done. I read it years ago from the library, and finally decided to buy the book and put it into action. So far I'm making list after list, and cleaning off my computer station at home. I'm also getting my inboxes to zero. Down to 1100 from 1400 on my main one. Making a Someday/Maybe folder and a Reference folder sped the sorting. Part of this will also be making a POP account on my home computer to download all my accounts to. This is all also part of the move away from Google - making room on my domain for the blog. It's slow as I'm learning as I go.

This stuff keeps me off the streets and out of trouble, more or less.

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything I would enjoy less.. I hope it isn't to trying for you! Now inquiring minds want to know more about the more or less trouble you are staying out of!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the new blogger format...yuck...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete