Thursday, April 11, 2013

Westward Ho!

I am all packed up, and in the next hour will get into the Jeep and head West. Making things up as I go. Gypsy asked about my tent: it is a very small 1-person called a Walrus. I used it on vacations in St. John for 2 years several years ago and it is too small to live out of in a humid climate like that, so I packed it away. All my 'good' gear is on it's way here from Honduras, but this tent was accessible, so that is what I'm taking.

My background check is still not back for the new job. I'm boring enough that I don't worry about any issues other than the military contracting outside the US stuff. They didn't really seem to know what to do with that.

Internet access will again be spotty for awhile. I'll post from my phone as I go along, not that I anticipate much excitement. All plans are in sand at this point, other than to head south and west.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck and have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still undecided about taking my tent along on my next cross country trip, but I doubt that I will. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything works out the way you want. Have fun and keep smiling (people will think you are up to something!).

    :)

    ReplyDelete