Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day Off

To give you an idea of what kind of days I've been having, I wandered by a mirror a bit ago, having been up an hour drinking coffee and reading the computer blogs. I pull on yesterdays clothes on my days off to wear until I drink enough coffee to wake up and take a shower and put on clean clothes. In the mirror I saw the neck tag of my tshirt staring at me below my chin, meaning the shirt was on wrong side out and backwards. Time for another cup of coffee. I try not to Skype with my Mom until I've had at least one cup of coffee for this reason.

Interesting point about Phoenix: the other day the dew point was 14 degrees. Today it looks like it is back up to 29 degrees. What this means is that cold drinks don't have condensation on them. I guess monsoon season here is when the dew point gets high enough to have condensation.

Time to shower and get cleaned up so I can go close out my apartment. I'm dreading that for some reason. Need to get it over with.

2 comments:

  1. In Spanish there is a saying "al mal paso darle prisa"...which more or less translates to "take care of things you dislike post haste"...it looses something in the translation!

    I thought of you today as I was sweating like a pig and feeling sorry for myself...knew you and the people in Terlingua had it worst :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. MsB: At least I can (and do) stay inside with the air conditioning! I love the stone they use here instead of grass.

    ReplyDelete