Sunday, February 26, 2017

Drinking coffee at the hostel

This is the view out the window next to the easy chair I'm sitting in.  As I've said the free morning coffee and breakfast and the location make up for the other hostel issues.  It is also neat that the table of folks next to me eating breakfast are speaking German.

The view shows it to be wet outside, and although I haven't checked yet I'm sure it is chilly.  This is my day to do stuff alone as the other travelers are headed home.  My legs have been walked off trying to keep up with a group that was from 40 to 15 years younger than I am.  That latter fact has been so very good for me.  I was accepted even with my whining.  The shifted frame if reference highlights that I need to not cancel my gym membership but rather start using it.  And start getting out and hiking.  And living.

My phone died yesterday right after the statue picture as I didn't charge it the night before.  I'll be heading out with a fully charged phone today.  After breakfast.  Assuming it isn't too wet and cold.  Probably.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are out and Enjoying this trip.
    Be Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even by yourself it is very easy to walk your legs off in Seattle! Plus, everything is uphill!

    ReplyDelete