Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Home

As a friend said the other day, it is difficult to know what to call my spot in Mesa now as I have 'home' with me when I travel.  I am now back in Mesa for this week.  I will travel up to Payson next week where I'll spend most of the summer.  Since my storage unit is up there I have no reason to not work on clearing it out.

The drive home was not as easy as the drive over to Albuquerque.  I fought hard wind most of the way.  I get some grief from other full timers for having a schedule to get from point A to point B.  I did the drive in one go as that is how I tend to drive.  The wind will be a consideration for me from now on, though.  I had one hard stop that was a wake-up call to not trust stuff to stay in place on the floor.  I'm reconsidering my kitchen stuff now.

Mom is doing great and says she will drive me back to get my car when I move next week.  I will drive her car back here and then follow her back to Payson.  If there is any issue we will at least be together.  A month ago she needed a walker to get to the bathroom.  That ER Physician's Assistant saved her life.  Also a note to me to take my own thryoid medicine, it really is a necessary thing.


6 comments:

  1. You will learn things through experience like we all do. We like to check the winds, gusts and direction, a tail wind is good, but a strong cross wind not so much. Best do what is comfortable for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wind is one of the most unnerving thing you will run into. The nicest thing about being retired and fancy-free is the ability to pull over and smell the roses when required. Why fight a bad wind when you can simply pull into a Rest Area or even better, a Walmart, go buy a TV Dinner, fire up the generator and heat up lunch or dinner? Then pull out a book and relax until you feel like moving again. I can't count the number of times we have done this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My old Dad always told that "wise was he learned from his own mistakes, but doubly wise was he learned from others' mistakes. Like always, he was right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, a lot more has to be taken into consideration when you are driving what Hubby called 'a moving billboard'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are well on your way to realizing what you can and can't do with an RV. It's best when you can learn from your own actual experience, because you will try your best never to make the same mistake twice.

    I had a difficult time knowing when to stop for the day when I RV'd, but crossing the country and back in my SUV I enjoyed 200-300 miles per day drives, and sometimes less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just caught up with all that you have been through in the past few months... I had not even read a blog for months. WoW. So glad you are focused on the future and moving right along into your plan... Looking forward to seeing more of your new home..Karen

    ReplyDelete