Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Work In Progress - Finished

Many mistakes were made.  I did end up with socks, and they fit.  These are my first attempt at knitting socks.  I used Magic Loop, two at a time.  I used Cat Bordi's sweet tomato heel, and a stretchy bind off.  The yarn is not sock yarn and I had issues with it splitting and I dropped a lot of stitches and had to go back and pick them up.  I did not totally understand the heel instructions until I was in bed hours after I'd finished knitting the heels and it clicked how it was supposed to work.  Even done incorrectly, the socks do have heels in them.  Next time it will go better.

8 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed when I have one of those 'Aha' moments and how quickly everything falls into place after one. It will be interest to see where the next pair take you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the weather reports from down there, you will not be needing socks to keep you warm! Are you in AJ or up in the mountains! How are the temps where you are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm up in my summer spot. Still was 104*F. Please (please!) inform Linda Lee of the temps here and that it was over 90*F inside my motorhome With Air-conditioning and then tell me her reaction. She will realize perhaps my confusion at her problem with the heat there when it was 80 something if I remember correctly. 😁

      Delete
    2. From LindaLee:
      "Hahahahah, you tell her that I can't even imagine feeling that heat"

      Delete
  3. Awesome socks!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are learning and having fun at the same time. Nice socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess you need to move further north. Only 74 here today. Love the socks. Learning something new is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the socks. I use to knit them until I realized how fast I wore holes in them. I knit, not darn! :))

    ReplyDelete