Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Changing things around. Again

I was up at the storage unit Monday getting my summer shorts and short sleeve tops back out.  The air conditioner has been going all day, although it does go off for the evenings and nights.  That is how I know it is fall in the Valley.  The furnace hasn’t been on since the morning I left up north.

It is nice to be back where I have virtually unlimited water from the tap, unlimited (30 amp) electricity, propane fill a phone call away (for a price).  I am taking showers in my own shower again, rather than borrowing Mike’s or Mom’s showers.  I’m washing dishes in the kitchen sink rather than in dish tubs so I can dump the water on Mike’s compost pile rather than into my grey water tank.  I have EMPTY tanks!  The sewer connection is right there!.

I’m pretty sure I’ll renew my annual rent here in December.  I will only live here 5-6 months a year, but it is nice to have a place to come ‘home’ to.  Even with the traffic noise and sirens and heat if I come back a bit too early.

4 comments:

  1. Nice that you are settled in again and can enjoy full hookups, we do that too and really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you STAND it! The RACKET! The neighbors!! You're amazing!! ; - )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be settled in your own space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing the difference that altitude makes in the temps. Sure hope you are more comfortable in just a few weeks and welcome 'home'.

    ReplyDelete