Sunday, March 24, 2019

I seem to have lost my blog voice

I think of things I'd like to write about, but I stop before I get to a computer or the phone to actually write and post.  Maybe I've met too many people in real life who read my blog.  This isn't just some writing I lob into the blogosphere with no repercussions any more.  I think about some who I feel will judge me.  Then again, I don't tend to spend much time worrying about folks that don't think I measure up, so I don't know why that would be a factor.  I go through low energy times during transition, and this is definitely a time of transition.  I'm in the process of having the Class A worked on tomorrow, and then on the 1st I'll move to my spot in Payson.

It seems that a lot of people I know, or relatives of close friends, are having major health issues.  Every time I turn around it seems that I'm hearing of someone who has just been diagnosed with cancer or other health issues.  I keep these folks in my thoughts, and so far the ones I've heard about lately are on an upward swing.  Then my friend Mike calls me and his younger brother has just been diagnosed with brain cancer.  Mike lost his best friend to brain cancer about the time I was going through my breast cancer operation and radiation.  After awhile it becomes a lot to process.

Norma, of Croft and Norma, is going through radiation.  I keep her in my thoughts.  Jim Dixon seems to have finally gotten his issues straightened out.  I became worried about him when he wouldn't even eat ice cream.  I need to check that he actually has finished the container that I know was in their freezer.  Favorite Neighbor, who is in her 90's, just had major surgery, and has another surgery this Thursday.  So far she is doing well.  Hopefully this will fix the issues that were starting to paralyze her, ongoing issues from the fall she took a few years ago.

I'm looking forward to being camped in my spot in Payson with all getting back right in my world.  In good news Mom feels better than she has in over a year.  Today is her 88th birthday.  I'll take all the good news I can get.

8 comments:

  1. In case it matters, I do read every post you make and am glad for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Barney, it does matter. I hope someday we can meet. You need to come a bit further west, and I'll come a bit further east. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here too. You'll do better once you get in the Grove

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be devastating but life moves on . we have all lost a lot of good friends and relatives but we must carry on. hope all goes well there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drop in to when I see a new post just don't always comment. My own blog is not so up to date. Just not much going on.
    I know Payson shoould give you more to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted you to know that Jim is eating ice cream as I type this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 88th to your mom! Now that is something to celebrate! WE are glad when you post too, so keep it up!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a little behind on my blog reading but I eventually come around.

    Please wish your mother a happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete