Saturday, March 21, 2020

On the road again, for now

Verdict was, I can't use my brakes much at all when towing as they get hot and stop working.  I need to use the transmission.  I'm half way to my summer spot, stopped at a brake check pull off.  I'm learning why all the signs and such are on these highways showing a downhill grade.  My speed is ranging from 40 to 50 mph.  It is dual lane so people can get by me.

Not sure this is a long term solution.  May need a dolly with electric brakes...

2 comments:

  1. Anticipate red lights and start applying brakes gently and early. Stop lots to let them cool down and like you say, use a lower gear. If you have a tow/haul option (button) on your gear selector, use it. Be careful and you will be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either have brakes installed on the Dolly or get a Brake-Buddy to use in the Car. Both of those will save the brakes on your RV.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete