Thursday, January 18, 2018

Charged up finally

I have been not posting from here in Quartzsite because not only have I been non stop busy, but I've had issues with keeping my phone charged and connectivity in general. My AT&T Mobley hotspot quit working. Luckily it is the aftermarket power supply that died. It is done for until I get back to civilization. My other hotspot works, but the tower is jammed so access is slow.

Around Thanksgiving Home Depot had a sale on solar panels and I bought a couple of 100W panels. Once I got here I got the rest of the parts and I now have a way to charge my coach batteries as well as using the two USB ports on the charge controller. Just in time as for some reason my generator no longer gives me 120V electricity when it runs. I'm guessing it also is not charging the batteries. A friend checked it out as best he could, but I see a trip to a shop once I'm back.

Turtle Lady and I (mostly her) gave a talk on hammocks yesterday. It was well received. I am now totally spent from everything. I'm seeing a trip to town for a shower and to cruise the flea markets.

I went to K&B Tools to get some things to pit the solar stuff together. I was told they are no longer in the tool business (?) And are moving to being a RV supply place. Parking is already difficult in that area.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

6 comments:

  1. Generators need to be run under load for at least an hour every month otherwise they stop producing Electricity.
    Hope you went across the lane to Burley's Tools. He bought out K & B's tools and added many more at better prices.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generators are touchy things and like Rick and Kathy say, they must be run under load on a regular basis. My generator mechanic in Yuma told me the one hour per month has been updated to 90 minutes every three to four weeks weeks. When you run it be sure to run the air conditioning on max cold to give it a good load. While the generator is running the air conditioning heat up a cup of coffee in the microwave at the same time. The generator should be able to handle both. You might notice it struggle or slow down a little but this is a good thing as it shows it is working hard. Isn't RV'ing fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a Facebook Group on RV solar power that you might be interested in checking out. Some snobs there but also some people who want to help. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1730535217184853/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with you solar hope does the job for you.Good luck with you generator, Rv lifestyles is not far from you and do good work we have been there a few times over the years
    Like Rick said Burley tools across from K&B has some good good deals on tools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just going to tell you to check with George for a repair place. We read each other's minds!

      Delete
  5. You've been a busy bee. I hate it when​ my generator is on the fritz. Got it worked on before I left and working fine for now. Glad you're getting your solar up and going.

    ReplyDelete