Sunday, September 27, 2020

Waking Up

Around the middle of September I seem to wake up from my summer stupor.  I am still slowly getting items checked off my to do list.

 Mom and I had a good trip.  I ordered wheelchair assistance for Mom at the airports for both ends of the trip and that worked well.  She wasn't as tired or beat up after the trip as she has been before.  I did ok, too, but had a few minor missteps as I usually don't check baggage and such.  The wheelchair guys kept us going in the right direction, and the shuttle guys both took the baggage out of the trunk of my car and then put it back at the end.  I park at Blue Sky off site parking and just let them manage the airport traffic while we sit in the shuttle.

We were not as careful as we could have been while visiting.  Around family we didn't mask up.  Some of the extended family doesn't mask up most of the time, but we are past our two week quarantine now and we neither one are sick.  I am very thankful for that.

I'm clearing out the motor home and finding some things.  I take it in a week from tomorrow to be worked on and that is a good excuse to empty it out so I can clean it thoroughly before moving down to the Valley at the end of October.  It was 100* at 5pm when I was down there one day last week.  Still way too hot.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that your trip went well and that you both made it back safely.

    I was not even aware there was such as thing as wheelchair guys then again, we have not been on a plane in at least twenty if not more years.

    Hopefully, your temperatures will come down soon. Welcome back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 72 this morning. At least the nights are finally cooling down a wee bit. Cleaning out us a goid thing. Hopefully we get some of that done this winter.

    ReplyDelete