Thursday, January 13, 2022

Saying goodby to another long time blogger

 If anyone read the comments on my last post we were informed that David Smith, blog on my sidebar Terlingua or Bust, has passed away.  He hadn't blogged in 3 years.  I hope he enjoyed the time on his ranch in Terlingua.

It is difficult to know when to take someone off my sidebar.  Sometimes they start blogging again after awhile.  Others I see still commenting on other's blogs so I hope they will blog again.  Some I keep there because there is good information there that I haven't yet taken time to transfer someplace else I can find.  I do think about what I can do to let folks who might want to know if anything were to happen to me where I can't blog anymore.  No real fail-safe ways to do it so far.

On Monday I take the motorhome in to have the parking brake fixed.  More on that once it happens.  I look around and think of things that need to go into the shed as I always try to be prepared in case anything happens to the motorhome while on the road.  We will stay in it while the work is being done, hopefully only a few hours, less if they need to order parts.

My rescheduled biopsy is on the 20th.  Bloggerfest is on the 22nd (again, sorry for picking the wrong Saturday).  In between and after I am still working on sorting and getting rid of stuff.  Also, a big thing is just not buying much.  I'm a work in progress.

3 comments:

  1. I visited with David a few times when I would go down to Terlingua for the Chili Cook-off. I am so sad to hear of his passing and was not aware that he had been in poor health.

    Someone had mentioned that he was active on Facebook, but I am not on any social media platform. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with getting your house brake fixed as well as with your upcoming biopsy.

    Getting rid of stuff is difficult for me, but I need to tackle it why I still can. I do not want to leave that chore for anyone else should something happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have blogs on our sidebar that have not posted for several years as well but keep them on there in hopes that someday they will post again!

    ReplyDelete