Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Dad

Kenneth Eugene Porter
6/6/1919 - 1/15/2010

My Dad passed yesterday. It was time. If he could be here in health to enjoy life, it would be different emotions I'm feeling. As it is, I am glad that he is no longer bedridden and unable to move. He was a good man. I am in awe of his strong constitution that held to life for so long after the health issues put him into the nursing home. I have said lately with great sincerity that I need to take better care of myself because unless I do something really stupid (accident) that it looks like I will be here for awhile. I take after my Dad in most ways physically. No service as of now, and I'm not going back to Nashville right now. In spring or summer Mom and I will go to MO, where they have their grave site already bought and the headstone set, and inter his ashes.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really know what to say, but I'm glad that his time came for him. That must have been so hard, for him, as well as for you and your mother.

    Take care, and I'll light a candle.

    ReplyDelete