Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A Trip!

It hit me a day or so ago that I have no (well, few) obligations right now.  There are no disasters happening currently.  I am way too wound up over a trip I have completely planned for near the end of next month.  When I started pondering starting to pack for that trip 6 weeks out, I immediately decided that I need a shorter trip to keep me occupied.

In a discussion with friends earlier Lake Havasu came up, and I decided that was a good place to head for a night.  Take the kayak, camp or sleep in the car.  It is the stuff I’ve been saying I’m looking forward to when I have time.  Well, right now I’ve got a lot of time.

I then looked at the weather.  What happened to our sunny 70-80 degree days?  And nights in the 30’s???  I will have the kayak with me, but I’m not sure it will get in the water.  I have 2 down sleeping bags, and a down under quilt for the hammock if I decide to use the hammock and stand.  I have thousands of dollars of camping gear that I have not used in maybe 10 years. 

All of that gear is up in Payson in my storage shed.  I’m heading up there today to get it.  Soon.  After I finish a second cup of coffee and have some breakfast, and load up some stuff to put into storage, and…  This is why my body hurts when I move.  I’m putting off getting out and doing things.  I need to just get up off my redacted and get going.  If not now, when?  I’m running out of time.

4 comments:

  1. Ah! An adventure! Get up and get going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's time to stop the planning and start the doing. May be a little cold at night but the days are beautiful.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. Have fun..you are still young and in shape! Make it happen now! Can't wait to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip , just get out and do it you will feel much better.

    ReplyDelete