Friday, February 01, 2019

Posting more, and answering comments

One after effect of Bloggerfest is that I'm going to attempt to post more often (I've said that before) and mostly I want to show respect for those who comment on my blog and answer as many comments as I can.  I went back and responded to those who commented on my last post.

I am taking February off from much of anything except getting my life sorted and spending time with Bosley, my cat.  I need the down time and he needs the attention.  I'm going through things and getting rid of stuff.  I'm down to items that I still like but just don't use anymore.  3 pair of cowboy boots are in the pile to donate now.  They were bought before my feet went up a size in shoes.  Some of my shoes are ones that I used to wear to work when I needed to dress more formally than I do now.  If those shoes fit I'm keeping them for now.  Progress, not perfection.

I'm also going through my knitting notions.  I never have, and hope to never need to, used double pointed needles to knit in the round.  I use circular needles and I use Magic Loop method to knit smaller circumferences such as sleeves and hats.  I have a knitting friend here who does prefer the double point needle method, so I'm giving all my sets to her.  It seems that every time I dig into my supplies I find another set.  Remember, I said I never used them.  sigh.

I have other stuff locally I want to do this month.  Seems every time I leave an area at the end of the season I think of all the things I had planned to do while in that location.  This is the month.

7 comments:

  1. I find a set of US#3 DPN useful for knitting I-cord. Don't make it often, but nice to have just in case I get motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have been cleaning out I have way to many things and I'm tired of cleaning them all the time. Clothes are pretty much gone it's the stuff that I am really working on now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also trying to get rid of things but it is easier said than done. In particular in Del Rio where we have no official donating places like Goodwill or Salvation Army.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever regain control 9f my life again, I am going to make an effort to clean out. Paper is the death of me, along with clothes and shoes and everything. But Jim is the one I need to work on and that's a truly uphill battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad someone else is going through the same dilemma as I am.

      Delete
  5. Just checking in with you. Sorting Life is a never ending process because it continues to happen. Are you still hanging out west of the Mississippi? I haven't made it out of the desert yet. I think I'm lost. Not!. So you are officially retired, hmmmm... I'm right behind you! Wondering if you have any live contacts still in Hondo, I'm still sourcing my rig, so I can grow up to be like you!!!! :D Any suggestions of how to go without blowing my budget and drive it back, the internet's not as helpful with adverts. Oh well. Looking forward to crossing paths again. How does Bosley do with dogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you! You are still in the Desert? Time to change it for the one here in AZ. Bosley doesn't know dogs. He is an inside cat and I haven't really tested him with dogs yet. I'll reach out to the one person I have an email for in Hondo and see what's up.

      Delete