Thursday, February 21, 2019

Winter Storm

Payson is getting burried in snow.  Mom is fine as long as the electricity doesn't go out.  We talk every couple of hours.  It is still snowing heavily and the folks shoveling the walk are just throwing the snow up onto the cars.  No place else to put it for now, and I'm sure the idea is that it will melt soon.  Here's hoping.

Steady rain all day here in the Valley.  Some standing water around me, but I don't have to go anyplace and in the motor home I'm a couple of foot above the deck.  I had a propane delivery yesterday in preparation for the storm, and I have my generator if I lose electricity.  My batteries would keep the led lights on for this evening anyway, and most other stuff runs on propane.  I'm fine for the duration.

4 comments:

  1. It never stops. Told Jim we might need to get the boat ready. We are definitely more self sustaining than folks in houses. But I want it to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. Mom just lost power up in Payson. I'm monitoring the outage online. She should be fine for tonight as it is not terribly cold up there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your Mom lost power. At least you are prepared and have a back-up plan. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you mom does alright. It sure is nice to self contained in our rv.

    ReplyDelete