Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Almost There

I wanted my next post to be that everything was finished with the move and selling of the house. Today I give up, and here is an update: I am moved! Finally! The old house is empty. I am living amongst boxes and bags and such in the new house, sleeping on the couch yet. I'm in no hurry to settle in, and am taking my time deciding what I want where. What hasn't happened is that the old house hasn't closed yet, meaning that I don't have my money yet and I still own it. It has been put off twice now. My realtor wouldn't even return my calls today. Her assistant said she thought she heard that we MIGHT close on the 30th. Not sure what's up. I don't think it's anything with the buyer or anything. In fact, when I went today to turn off the electricity he had already put it in his name. Oh well. It will close at some point hopefully.

I didn't get either of the two jobs I had second interviews with. Both companies said I was over qualified for the jobs. Well, yes I am. I need a job, though, and could have done either job very well for them. Whatever. I have another interview tomorrow. It pays more and will be a more interesting job. It is software as well as hardware support, and it is on servers and backoffice software. If you don't know what that means, just nod and congratulate me. Here's hoping...

So far the new boss is ok. He is very much into "I'm here to make your job as easy as possible so you can take care of our customers" and seems to be trying hard to do so. Much nicer to go to work now. The permanent folks are walking around kind of in shock still at the reorg. I feel sorry for them, but I just hope it's not an issue one way or another for me much longer.

Nancye says she can see a difference in my stress level now. I don't feel too different, but I do know that I'm a bit more relaxed. Moving out of the old house was very difficult for me in ways that I didn't foresee. It was stressful, almost like admitting defeat in some way because I didn't do all the improvements and such that I had planned. Also, I hated seeing things that needed to be tended to and just leaving them. Nothing major, just things that I'm excited to get to here that I never had the energy to deal with in that house, like painting and such. That last few loads kept expanding, and with every load I'd realize that I had several more loads to go. Even with the last load, there were a few things like some bricks and such that I just didn't have room for. I declared "Enough!" and drove off.

I have long-term plans to go through everything I own and eliminate large chunks of it. A friend I was talking with this weekend wants any artsy stuff since she works doing art projects with kids. I can get rid of a box or two of things to her. And that is just a start.

A friend just called and we are going to meet up at the interstate for a cup of coffee on his way home from work. This is why I moved down here closer to town, to be able to just jump into the truck and meet up with folks. This is good.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad you updated. I was wondering. Hopefully that sale will be confirmed this weekend. Enjoy your coffee-klatch!

    ReplyDelete