Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day 1 - Traveling

Nashville, TN 12:55pm

I made it to the airport, through security and have had a sit down lunch at a restaurant here in the airport. Loading for the flight to Cincy should start in about 10 or 15 minutes. I just decided that I really like this smaller laptop for just sitting around the airport. I'll have a 4 hour layover in Cincy, so I'm glad I'm still where my wireless internet card works. It won't work in Germany.

This has been a beautiful fall day here in Nashville. I was running around in a tshirt. I did grab my chambray shirt to wear over that for the trip since I think that where we are going will be cooler. I also have plenty of coats and sweaters with me. I was all packed, loaded, and wandering around the house even before I had planned to leave. Again, I would have enjoyed just staying at home today. I'm learning that I feel that way every time I'm getting ready to head out.

Well, there is activity starting around the gate, so I'm going to pack up and get ready.

Cincinnati 6pm EDT

I made it here, and have had a good time wandering around the stores along the concourse. I have been good and not spent any money, except way too much for food. I have a confirmed seat for the flight to Frankfort, Germany. Until a few minutes ago I had a 'seat request'. This is going to be a full flight, so I'm glad I was here when the gate agent opened up. I also have 2 bottles of water, and a sandwich to take on the plane. That way I hopefully won't get cranky waiting for the attendants to make their food/beverage runs. Roy and Travis are here now, back in the bar watching the football game. So far, so good on the trip. I'm having fun, and really starting to look forward to the next 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment