Sunday, October 05, 2008

Off the Wagon

So, three days in a row, then 2 weeks till I post again. Consistency isn't a virtue of mine. I now have my new schedule for work. I leave for Germany in 2 weeks. I have mixed feelings about it. It will all be new this time, as I've never really been out of the country and I've not fielded an active duty Army unit. I keep telling myself that the National Guard units were a new thing for me when I started, and that I'll do fine. I'll also be traveling with the guys I know. In some ways I think it might be easier to travel alone, though. I only would have myself to keep track of, and my own expectations to meet. With the group I need to blend in somewhat, and I don't do that well.

I have been cleaning house. Shiloh is due here next weekend, and I've invited folks to come over to talk 'trail' with him. The place will be a total disaster again, but I have to start somewhere. I cleaned out a corner of the bathroom yesterday, and I'm working my way through stacks of paper in the living room. The kitchen is still somewhat clean, just need to mop the floor.

I'm going back to lists, like I did back in my FlyLady days. I also resurrected my filing system from Getting Things Done. Between the two, maybe I'll feel more in control.

Perl the cat still hates me. I'll give it awhile longer. After I get back from Germany we'll see if she will make up with me. I have too much else going on till I leave to concentrate on that issue for now. Housemate says she's fine when he's here. She just won't come anywhere near my end of the house. At least she's eating and drinking now.

No comments:

Post a Comment