Friday, January 10, 2020

Bloggerfest lite change of date

I'm changing a few things around to try for a better fit.  First of all, I need to go back to Saturday, January 25 to meet at the shelter house at La Posa South.  The one person who's talks I want to see at the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous is speaking on Sunday so I will be over in Parker at the fairgrounds on the 26th.  Last Saturday of the big tent.  1pm as usual.

I did finally go back to the gym and felt fine while there.  I even got àn errand run and then did my walk around the park here.  Then I came home and fell into a deep sleep for 2 hours.  I guess I just need.to work through this phase and up my calorie count without resorting to too much sugar.

The errand I ran was finally taking the stuff to the thrift shop to donate.  A lot of it has been riding around in my car for quite awhile.  I also took out the trash, basically walked it over to the dumpster.  I had some larger pieces, including a pair of shoes, so it was two trips.

The shoes...  I fixed the Keen walking shoes, I thought, first this morning.  I set them outside for the shoe goo to dry.  When I examined them later I found the real issue, a hairline crack along the smooth part of the bottom of the sole.  I also realized most of the rest of that section was ready to split.  At 10 years old, even though they had average wear, I decided it was time to cut my losses.  

I turned my attention to the Merrill tennis shoes.  The crack in the bottom of the sole (same place at the ball of the foot on my right shoe...) was larger and more flexible.  I filled the crack with the goo and have now let it dry.  I will test run it for comfort tomorrow.  Won't know if it is water tight until it rains again.  They are 3 years old and I wear them a lot.  Or did, anyway.

I ordered more propane.  It won't be here until Monday.  I'll be out by then.  Tomorrow I'll bring the electric heater back inside.  Luckily it is only chilly in the mornings and evenings.

2 comments:

  1. Hope that goo works out well on this pair. Once you get into a routine you should be fine. From what you have written you have gotten a lot done after or befor your nap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting the Bloggerfest again this year Paula. I've got it on my calendar.

    ReplyDelete