Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Bloggerfest this Saturday

I will be at the shelter house at La Posa South in Quartzite this Saturday, January 25, to meet with anyone who cares to show up.  I believe there will be at least 3 of us.  I have no agenda other than being there at 1pm.

The loss of George Yates last week to cancer has been another jolt to the blogging community.  I feel it as another punch to the gut to get me to look at how I'm living my life and retirement.  I live year round here where so many folks drive long distances to see the wonders and enjoy the beauty of the area.  I go from wanting to get out and see and do to looking at what I need to take care of in my life.  I do have some preparations made.  I have a will, I have a burial plot next to where my Dad, and eventually my Mom will be interred.  I haven't made the arrangements yet with the funeral home which I need to do as my plot is in MO.  I have a lot of stuff to get rid of.  I have a vision of a stranger backing a dumpster up to my storage unit and tossing it all in.  I need to handle it and get the usable things back into circulation.

I am walking every day, although I haven't been to the gym for awhile.  I'm still working on eating healthy.  I have a doctor's appointment next week to start checking some issues that are bothering me.

And I have some survivor's guilt.  I'm a cancer survivor.  I had cancer lite.  A quick surgery, 3 weeks of radiation, and I'm good as new.  Since then I've lost several friends and my Uncle to this disease.  I'm ready for the sickness and death of people I care about to stop.  We have too much living to get on with.

5 comments:

  1. I thihk the death of George rocked a lot of us. He was always on the go never complained about anything and then it hit him hard.

    Enjoy the Bloggerfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you can still make Blogger-Fest work. Unfortunately we're still on Ontario in an Apartment.
    Loosing George was a shock to us all.
    I've had my arrangements done for Twenty-Two Years.
    If you have a poster I'd advertise it for you.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the "Q".

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you wrote this post. Like everyone who has commented George's death was a blow to me and made me think about many of the things you reference.

    Last year was difficult as I lost many people I cared about along with people I never met but whom I considered my blogger family.

    Hope you have a great time at the Bloggerfest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. George's death was a blow to all of us even though it was expected. I thought his ear to ear grin and his eagerness to help would last forever and perhaps in a way it will. George is now free of his pain and this has reminded all of us of the fragility of life.

    I hope there is a turnout, however small, at your Bloggerfest and I wish I were there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there Paula and a pack of my fellow bloggers will be there. I'm just sad that there was no poster to pass to the bloggers so they would know the time and date. Some will miss it because they just didn't know.

    ReplyDelete