Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lull before the storm

I have been doing the deer in the headlights thing for a few days now.  Or, a different analogy, rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  I'm still trying to make a decision on what to do about my 'stuff'.  Do I ship what I have here in WA down to Honduras, do I ship it to Nashville?  I am tired of having a storage unit.  I make a decision one way, and a day later reverse it.  I'm getting rid of things, or at least making piles to take to Goodwill.  Later today I'll make another trip there.  I have the fantasy of being down to only a couple of suitcases as my possessions.  Then I think I want my nice waterless cookware that I bought in 1989 and still looks relatively new.  And my new kitchen table I like so much.  And... and soon I'm up to most of my possessions I have here.  As for whats in the storage unit in Nashville, there are a few things, but not a lot, that I want to keep with me.  So, I'm back to deciding to just take what's here with me.  It's not a lot, and would fit in a furnished apartment I think.  Or, a house, if I go that route.

I went to Oregon after work on Friday and spent the night with my friend down there.  She and I didn't speak for a few decades, and only recently found each other again.  So, now I am leaving.  She says we will try to come up with a plan to get her down to visit.  I hope so.

This time until I leave WA is dragging, and yet going by so fast.  It's still not totally real to me.  But, the trip out here at times still doesn't seem real, either.  So, off to make more dents in the piles of things I have here...

No comments:

Post a Comment