Wednesday, October 06, 2010

There aren't any pictures... yet

I have been asked where the pictures from Honduras are on my blog.  I haven't taken any.  I am unhappy with the quality of picture my current camera takes, and I didn't want (and couldn't afford) to buy a new one right before I left.  I will take pictures this weekend when I go into town, I promise.  So many people who blog have nice cameras and take professional quality pictures to display on their blogs.  Mine will only be tourist level, I'm afraid.  However, I will put some in, I assure you.

I looked at the apartments here at the hotel tonight.  I am hoping to just get an apartment here.  The larger one would be plenty big even if all my stuff arrives from the US.  In fact, I would want most of my stuff.  They also have an efficiency type room that has some neat features that would be fine if my shipment gets stopped and stays in the US.  I still haven't heard the outcome of that yet.  Staying here has many advantages, and few disadvantages.  Especially with the 2 bedroom apartment, having guests from the US wouldn't be any problem at all.  Well, as in Washington State, the bed I would have to offer might be a hammock...

Work continues to have growing pains as I attempt to integrate into the group.  The group that is there will be cycling out by the end of the year.  One guy who came in yesterday is the only one that is for sure (as sure as one can be down here) to be here in 3 months.  It is a strange feeling.  I do admit to having a countdown timer on my laptop at the room here for when my contract is up (357 days...), but all in all I like it down here.  This coming weekend is a 3 day weekend, and I intend to get out with the help of Carlos the taxi driver and see the town.

The important thing for now is that I found my socks.  I have things in 2 suitcases and a roll away carry on, and there is no rhyme or reason to what is in which one.  I had 3 pr. of socks that were floating around being worn or in the wash, but I put the last clean pair on this morning.  I did find the gallon ziplock of the rest of the socks hiding in the bottom of one of the suitcases tonight, so I have clean ones to wear tomorrow.  Such is my life now that that is about as large an issue as I have in my day to day life.  I'm trying to keep it that way.

4 comments:

  1. Sure am enjoying your reports,, and about the pictures.. You should know by now that all of us don't judge quality,,we just WANT PICTURES!! :-) Just take some, and toss em up somewhere. Like the hotel front and street scene, the surrounding country side. etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ben. ANY pics will do, lol.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like things are coming along. When I went to Korea many years ago. I went with a suitcase, passport and dreams. Each day was an adventure then after awhile I seem to belong, to become part of life. There is not one day that goes by that I don't think about how much I learned, laugh and loved there. May all your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally got to read your posts. Glad you are getting out and enjoying your life. Are you feeling that hurricane coming? Stay safe and write when you can...

    Your old co-worker - Tina

    ReplyDelete