Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Eve of departure

I'm packed.  My back hurts.  I have piles of stuff for Mom to deal with, and the Jeep is still sitting in her parking lot.  However, the storage unit to store it in is rented, paid for the next 14 months, and a plan is in place to get the Jeep and most stuff I'm leaving here to the unit with the uncles' help.  The rest of what I wanted to take but didn't have room for is in a pile for her to mail to me.  Another week and I might have had all this taken care of...

I did get a will written, notarized, and filed, got some other legal stuff done, got my hair trimmed, got the oil in the Jeep changed at the dealership, and lots of other details handled today.  For the most part I'm as organized as I ever get.  I think I got everything done that Mom wanted done around here.  Skype is set up, and Turtle Lady and I have video chatted a couple of times via Mom's computer on this end.  So, I should be able to connect with both of them when I'm down in Honduras.

Pain pills taken, and now I'm off to bed.  I'll get up and call my uncle at 3am to wake him up, he'll take me to the airport leaving here at 3:30am, and I'll be on a 6am flight.  That's how it's supposed to work, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment