Monday, February 18, 2019

Dreary, Rainy

We are getting a lot of rain in the desert this winter.  I hope it translates into less danger of forest fires next summer.  Mom called this morning and said they have about 8" of snow in Payson.  I told her I won't be up to visit this week after all. 

I am a few days into doing the Whole 30 elimination diet again.  So far so good.  I am planning on cooking more this time, and so far I am.  One thing that will help me actually do all 30 days is that I just found out from the Whole 30 website that Walmart has a section of their Great Value frozen meals that are Whole 30 compliant.  Coconut Curry Chicken is one variety.  I'll go over and pick some up once the rain lets up.

I already have my Federal and AZ Income Tax refunds.  Today I'll allocate them to the bills and see how I'm set up for the next year as far as traveling and such.  I have my spot in the same park in Payson reserved starting April 1.  I want to go to West Yellowstone again and also visit around other parts of MT.  I will take the car and not the motor home as I feel better able to negotiate the places I like to go in the car.  I may have issues if I want to camp in some RV parks, though.  I think there is enough National Forest up there I should be able to find places to camp.  It will help that my friend is a ranger up there.  She can interpret the maps for me.  :)

Posting from my email again.  No real pictures this time.  The weather hasn't cooperated for me to get out and about much.  Hoping for some sunshine before I leave for Payson in 6 weeks or so.  I had penciled in to go down around Tucson at the end of this week to do some touristing, but weather may postpone that as well.

5 comments:

  1. Stupid weather!!! This winter has really been incredibly cold and wet. A lot of the RV parks up in Montana and Wyoming actually have a place for tents but that can be spendy. Lots of state and federal land you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tent camping can be a lot of fun and it is a peaceful way to camp, as long as the weather is kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you and Sandie said much cooler and wet this winter and even much windier as well. Good luck with your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had not heard of the Whole 30 Diet before. I am a life long unsuccessful dieter...good luck!

    I had no idea Arizona had a State Tax...think I will stay in Texas...it is just as incredibly hot here as there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may rethink your visit to Tucson this week it is going to be freezing and wet.

    ReplyDelete