Friday, August 21, 2020

Yes, I'm alive

 This is the summer of not doing much.  The rains finally arrived, then we had another stretch of hot, dry weather.  My front air conditioner decided to die in the middle of it.  Luckily I have a rear unit and it works ok.  I put a fan in between to try to blow the cooler air towards the front.  When that doesn't work I take my computer and just lie on the bed below the strongest vent.

Mom is doing fine.  The doctor changed her medicine as the other medicine started giving her issues again.  The new medicine is about the same.  We are supposed to fly to Kansas City to see family in a couple of weeks, but how she feels determines whether we go.  The tickets are refundable to the last minute, almost literally.

Mostly I sit home and knit.  I'm not getting some things done that I actually could be doing, but I'm in a sluggish rut.  That is one reason I haven't been updating here.  I'm not doing much and I am not keeping up with things I could be doing..

7 comments:

  1. It is hard when trying to avoid spreading the Virus to do anything. After a while your get up and go has gotten up and went.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your update. A lot of us haven't kept up normal activities . I think too much time cooped up at home due to the whole covid 19 restrictions stuff makes it too easy to just lay around not doing much.-Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see a post from you. You are one of many blogger who have had A/C issues this summer.

    Hope your mom and you get to go to Kansas City. Don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you on my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all in the same condition so it is nice to touch bases every once in a while. I have hardly left the house except for grocery runs in months. I had a welcome visit from my granddaughter a couple of days ago so that got me out of the dumps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad is all well. I think most of us are in a funk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear an update. I'm waiting for fall. 108 here yesterday. Red Oak trees turning brown from heat and dryness. Hope your AC holds out.

    ReplyDelete