Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Still Moving

 I did manage to get a nice full tank of propane from my neighbor propane guy.  The furnace is running full tilt in the mornings now.  I have made a couple of trips down to Quartzsite, with the keys in my pocket, and started turning on the air conditioner there set up to 90*, and last time I turned on the fridge.  Everything seems to be working fine so far.  I'm now pulling things out of the far corners of the current rig and sorting the things I've had out on the patio to pack away.  Luckily the heat seems to have mellowed in Quartzsite and it was actually comfortable there on Monday.

I worked driving shuttle for a wedding, which is kinda my part time job in the summers.  I didn't get home until after midnight.  That is probably the last wedding I'll drive for this year.  I'm ready to move on.  I usually am ready for something new when it comes time to move to the 'other' spot.  Usually happy to get back again when the seasons change.  I did go over and meet my new neighbors while I was in Quartzsite and they seem nice, like we will be good neighbors.  The propane situation there is that I need to procure one or two 20# tanks, and Patti's Propane will come get them and fill them and bring them back for $10.  I'll stop by there and start the process when I'm back.  Heat isn't so much an issue there now but having hot water is.

I'm ready to be moved and have life slow down. 

2 comments:

  1. Ten dollars sounds good for pickup and delivery of your tanks. Especially during these inflated times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you're almost ready to move down the hill for the winter. I hope to be in Quartzsite in January, so hope to see you then.

    ReplyDelete