Saturday, February 03, 2007

On The Up Swing

I hit a low point this past week. Since I started working out I have had no energy to work on the house or much of anything. All I do is sleep. I didn't work out for over a week, and the change in energy I had was amazing. I could get out of bed early every morning and was actually back in a good mood. I worked out Tuesday evening, just a very light workout. It put me in a grumpy, tired achy mood again. On top of that, the house was a total mess. I canceled my planned dinner here because there was no way I could do it.

I managed to get my energy back around Thursday sometime. I was taking my supplements and trying to eat more again. But, I just didn't know how to fit in getting into shape with everything else I want to do. I decided that I had to do something to feel like I am turning my life into what I want it to be. Friday after work I ended up dropping about $150 between Lowe's and WalMart. Yes, I shopped at the Evil Empire. Something had to give. I knew I could get the things I needed at those locations. I got 2 ceiling fixtures to fix ones that are broken here. I got a nice larger toaster oven. I came home and made my muffins that I had missed since the move. I got some cans of chunky type soups to have for dinner when I get home from work. I also got several of the newer, smaller CF light bulbs since my older ones don't fit the fixtures in this house. I got other odds and ends that I've tried to do without but that will make things easier around here.

Today I fixed one ceiling fixture and put one of the new CF bulbs in it. I put the new CF bulbs in the fan light in the great room that is the one I have on the most. Those bulbs not only use 1/4 the electricity (2 100W incandescent bulbs vs. 3 14W bulbs) but are brighter, too. I made the muffins, enjoying having a large enough oven again. I took my supplements. I also spent the day cleaning. I swept the floor and straightened and generally gave this place a face lift.

Mom is coming over tomorrow and bringing the friend she has found that goes shopping and does errands with her. She is a bit younger than Mom, but they seem to get along well. The house is almost clean enough to let them in. Mom needs one of my VCR's (yea! something out of the house that I'm not using!) and I'm going to borrow her queen-sized blow up bed. I just don't have the initiative right now to set up the water bed. My blowup mattress is just the mattress and would be so low on the floor that the dog would be trying to sleep with me. It's enough problem sharing with the cat. Mom's blowup mattress is one of the nice ones where the pump plugs into the wall and it is the height of a regular bed. Hopefully I will start sleeping better on it.

I'm feeling better. I even cooked a crock pot of split pea soup to use up some old herbs and spices. I cleaned out some more kitchen cabinets and put away the two storage cubes of spices that had been sitting out on my counters. You get the idea. I'm cleaning off flat spots that were cluttered and starting to actually make this a home.

I will maybe now stop feeling so defeated when I am here. Who knows, I may even start working on the office again. That is if the better food and taking my supplements will stop the loss of energy for days after working out. The jury is still out on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment