Sunday, June 19, 2016

The heat is brutal

I got up at 5am in Payson and was back in Mesa by 6:30.  I’m still clearing out the mobile home.  I was good until about 10, 2 loads and I’m still finding small nooks and crannies to stuff the things I want to put in the storage unit.  At 10:30 I caved and begged the buyers for another day.  If I could work all day on finishing the moving, I could be done.  It was 109* by 11, and due to get to 122*.  I just can’t carry stuff out to the car, can’t drive to the dumpster and toss stuff in, can’t do much of anything that requires any time outside at all.  They agreed to give me the extra day.  I am thankful.

I am down to a couple of loads.  I’ll get up earlier tomorrow and drive down.  I am fairly sure I can find a place for everything important that is left.  When I’m living back down here in Mesa starting in September through the end of the year I’ll go through a lot of the stuff again and purge some more.  There is a limit to what I can process, and I’ve been moving, first Mom, then me, and searching for and buying and then checking out the RV for the past 3 months.  I’m tired.

6 comments:

  1. Take some time to relax, you have earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you keep drinking water lots of water. this heat is dangerous. Keep a cool rag around your neck too. Good luck and be careful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! those temps are really extreme, please take care of your self and pets! Lots of water and rest when you can. So glad this part of the move will be over soon and thank you to the buyers for giving you an extra day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, left my name off.

      Delete
  4. You need to take it easy in that heat (as if I need to tell you) looks like it is all coming together, soon you can enjoy your rv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't get much done in that kind of heat, so you are smart to plan to do the purging when the weather is cooler.

    ReplyDelete