Sunday, December 11, 2016

A little better, a little not

After 2 radiation treatments I’m having some reactions already.  Nothing too severe, defined as what pain I had was taken care of by the Advil I took.  I’m told that that pain in my breast where the surgery removed tissue is unusual.  It was more sore than after the surgery.  The nurse said perhaps my coffee habit aggravated some inflammation caused by the radiation.  I was concerned since at that point I’d had only the first treatment.  No pain after the second one now, but I am feeling a bit sunburned in places like my neck and underarm.  I need to go get the sunblock lotion to use after the treatments as it is sunny here and I am in direct sun driving home from the clinic.

I can tell when I’m talking to people that I’m starting to make more ambitious plans for ‘after the treatments’.  I guess I’m feeling beer over all.  I think the vitamin B12 that I’m taking is starting to backfill the deficit I showed in October. In the short term I’m sleeping a lot, though.  I don’t know if it is the radiation ‘tiredness’ that I was warned about, seems early in the process for that, or just my general laziness.

I got laundry done yesterday, and I also bought some real food (something other than peanut butter sandwiches and coffee), and I’m working on getting the RV less cluttered.  On Thursday Jim and Sandie Dixon will help me move the RV to the park where I’ll stay the rest of the winter .  I am grateful they are willing to help as I’m thinking after the next 3 treatments I’ll have had at that point I may not feel up to making all the decisions needed to move.  I’m sure Jim will keep the RV pointed correctly, and Sandie will keep me pointed properly as well.

7 comments:

  1. Clear aloe lotion will help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need to sleep, do it. Not a thing wrong with that. And we will be there with bells on at whatever time you need us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not supposed to have any reactions for a couple weeks. I reacted on the second treatment. The one thing I heard All. The. Time. was Everybody is different, we just don't know. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon, and is nice that Jim and Sandie are there to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the RV and Blogging community are absolutely wonderful when someone needs help. Thanks to Jim and Sandie, and just try to stay positive, Shadow. We're all thinking of you and sending good vibes and good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful of Jim an Sandie for their help. My friend just went through 7 days of radiation and is so very tired which she noticed quickly but she has been through so much in the past few months. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flowergirl is right, everyone reacts differently. On thing you do need is rest and sleepiness is your bodies way of telling you that. So go with it! Jim and Sandie are great friends and will have you set up quickly!

    ReplyDelete