Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Gym

I got done with work a bit early today and had my workout clothes with me. I wavered back and forth several times on whether to go to the gym or go home and 'do something useful'. The reason going to the gym seemed like an exercise in futility was that I could tell my body was running on empty already. I haven't been eating enough, nor have I been drinking enough water. It wasn't the best way to go workout. On the flip side, this is how I am the vast majority of the time. If that's going to be my excuse, I will never see the inside of the gym again.

Having decided that the muscle that needed exercise the most was the 'pull into the parking lot and go inside the gym' muscle, I drove over. When I'm at home, or hiking, or pretty much any place other than the gym it is easy to map out my future workouts. One thing that I was sure of was that I would do as much on the elliptical machine as I could, and finish out a half hour walking on the treadmill. The idea is that I work up the doing the 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. So, I dutifully headed up to where those machines are. I made my 5 minutes on the elliptical, which is what I was doing last time. I was definitely watching the timer that last minute. Then I went over to the treadmill. After 5 minutes I was bored. I never remember to take headphones to hear the TV screen that is in front of me. I don't watch TV anyway, so it's not like I'm missing something. I made it 10 minutes before the boredom got to me and I stopped.

I checked my weight and I'm down a bit, not enough to worry about. I need to start eating more. I just don't get hungry and so can't decide what I want to eat.

So that is my workout update. Not terribly exciting. I did no weight machines because I was really feeling empty by the time I got off the treadmill, and I didn't have any water with me. There must be some law that drinking fountains in gyms barely work so if you use them you are drinking after everyone else who has used them. I came home. Oh, and I ate some supper...

No comments:

Post a Comment