Thursday, June 05, 2014

Progress

I did my walk early today as I have things I want to do and most of them have me taking a shower first.  I figured I should do my walk/run before taking a shower.  So, around 5am, just as the sun was lighting the sky I went out.  I walk/run along a side street that has little or no traffic along one side of my mobile home park.  The park has a concrete block wall along it with pillars every 6ft or so.  The first day I jogged I made it past 15 of the pillars.  The second day, 25.  Today, 35.  So, I'm off to a good start on jogging.  I'll take 4 days off from jogging and just walk on the treadmill the days I work since I can't get to do it until after noon when it is way too hot to be outside for me.

Other than that I've been lazy around here these days off.  I did finish the baby blanket and I am rinsing it out now.  I do that for baby blankets as I have cats and I want to get as much of the cat hair and such off as I can before I give it to a baby.  The baby isn't due until September, but I'll take it into my co-worker (the husband) on Monday morning as that is the next time I work with him.  I will try to get a picture of it here.  It ended up 37" x 36".

As for the Elio car, yes, I'll have to get a motorcycle endorsement to drive it.  In 4 states, unfortunately Missouri being one of them, I even have to wear a helmet even though it is an enclosed car.  The hope is that laws will change for 3 wheeled cars by then.  Of course, the flip side of that is they may then be classified as a car for plates and insurance.  With a replacement cost of under $7K I can't believe either of those will be much.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go with the walking/running! I can't believe that any state would enact a law requiring a helmet for a car, even one with 3 wheels.

    ReplyDelete