Friday, January 02, 2015

Not so forward progress

So, I did not cook yesterday, and ended up going to the grocery on the way into work after all.  When I went to record the amount spent on the food, the receipt said:  $6.66.  A reminder to me that in self improvement, the Devil is indeed in the details.  I came home and put the salmon in the oven and started oatmeal to take for breakfast.  The vegetables are too far gone to bake, so it will be the frozen broccoli.  I came in a started playing computer games, forgetting the oatmeal.  Luckily I remembered in time and I was able to use all of it after all.  I made 2 bowls of it, and I use old fashioned oatmeal that needs to actually cook, along with cinnamon, cardamon, craisens, almonds, and I'll add blue agave syrup before leaving tonight for work.

I am going to remove a few of the blogs from my side bar.  One hasn't been there long.  I enjoy his somewhat rough writing, but in his title he used some vulgar language.  It is one thing for me to have it in the blog if the writer wishes, but the title is a a bit too public for me.  I do still enjoy his blog, but I try to keep this place family friendly.

In other changes, I've had a comment of mine on another person's blog removed.  I used to say that I am much nicer online than I am in person, but perhaps this isn't true so much now.  I'm not good at social situations, and apparently I'm also not good at knowing what to say when.  Some folks only want a certain type of comment, and I don't pick up the ques it seems and overstep the bounds.  Not the first time this has happened.  So, to be sure not to offend the folks whose blogs I read I probably won't be commenting much anymore.  Not that I was doing a lot of it anyway.  I'm still here reading.  I'm not mad or anything, their blog their rules.  I just am not sure anymore how I'm perceived online and I think it is best to keep my mouth shut in other folks' homes.  My own blog, and on message boards where I hang out that encourage discourse, I'm still gonna be myself.

Oh, I finally got around to fixing the 'I'm not a robot' foolishness that blogger put in.  I don't like the passive aggressive way they came in and changed how I had it set up but the platform is free and until I get around to programming my own blog interface (which I may at some point...) I guess I play by their rules.

6 comments:

  1. Reconsider... You have always been polite and your comments are always welcome. In fact I enjoy your participation. Since embracing my hermit ways It is the most interaction I join in. I particularly enjoy as one alters the way they interact in there world in tiny way. Please be yourself.....and COMMENT

    I have heard others mention about blogger adding robot. I have not seen it on mine as yet. I do believe that comments go down as some people don't want to be bothered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had comments set to open in a new window they added the robot thing. If you had them 'embedded' they didn't. Someone said they want everyone to use the embedded style as it matches their future plans or brand or something. The fix was to go to embedded and then it recognized that I didn't want the verification turned on.

      Delete
  2. You can comment on my blog any time you want to, and say what you want. I enjoy your blog and hope you continue to just be yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that all comments on that blog entry slowly disappear so it may not have been personal. Not sure what he is going through, but I'll watch from a distance for now. That was just the latest blog comment to be moderated, and ti always comes out of the blue to me. Ol' Ben used to hurt my feelings in his comments sometimes when he was still around, but I left them because I knew he didn't mean anything by them, just his blunt way of dealing with folks. At the end of the day it is just the internet.

      Delete
  3. Like Gypsy you can comment in my blog whenever you want and say what you please. I have read you for long enough to know that if you said something I did not like, you are doing it to try to get a point across to me. I have never removed a single comment from my blog.

    Old Ben in Texas wrote some of the crudest comments but I never erased them and they will remain there for posterity. He was blunt and he did that on many blogs not just ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had my Comments disappear from a blogspot blog also as you say "all comments on that blog entry slowly disappear". I fixed the problem, after the blogger told me that blogspot did not delete comments I assumed he was, I quit reading and commenting.

    No other blogger has had any problem with what I have had to say although I have had other commenters say that I should be banned. I'm with you when you say "I'm not good at social situations" and I can not comment using the political correctness that is required by some/many people in the culture of today in the USA. I too have thought I'll probably be commenting less this year versus last.

    ReplyDelete