Saturday, March 19, 2016

Off to Sedona

My Uncle from Kansas City is here visiting my Mom.  I’m taking them up to Sedona today as he has never been.  He is going to also go to at least one, maybe 2, spring training games of the Kansas City Royals while he is here.  He travels around (no so much anymore) taking pictures of groups of things.  He has pictures of the State Capitol buildings for all but 2 of the lower 48 states.  He has pictures from visiting most of the Presidential libraries.  He has pictures of most of the painted fiberglass statues that different cities have had over the years, guitars in Nashville, pigs someplace else, and now I guess we’ll be finding the painted up pianos here in Phoenix.  A long term collection he is getting is pictures of the graves of Country Music stars.  So, the first thing we did when he got here was go visit Waylon Jennings’ grave here in Mesa.  I didn’t realize Waylon is burried here.  I’ll post a picture of his gravestone when I get back from our trip.

We lost electricity for 5 minutes around 3:30am, after me reassuring Croft and Norma that only happens in the summer around here.  I was informed by my Uncle who tracks these things that is hasn’t rained here for 31 days.  I hadn’t really noticed, but I guess I am thinking it is time for some rain.  The snowbirds are slowly starting to head out of here and the weather is getting warmer during the days while still chilly at night and early morning.

And, that is what is going on so far.  I’m not going to make any big decisions until at least the end of the month.  I told my Uncle that I went and got myself fired just so I could spend time with him and my Mom while he is here.  Don’t think he believed me.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with your uncle and mom. He sounds like a very interesting individual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten myself fired for reasons not nearly that good. I hope you enjoy your parents and your time off! Work is such a drag sometimes.

    ReplyDelete