Sunday, January 21, 2018

Added to the list

Several things have broken this trip. My solar panels blew over. Luckily only one ended up with broken glass. It turns out that my generator is putting out 110V, but most of the sockets aren't. The microwave does work on generator, but it doesn't sound healthy so I'll wait until I'm back on shore power to check it out more. The display never worked so I didn't realize it works until I opened the door while someone was helping troubleshoot the generator.

I have a long list of stuff to cruise YouTube for directions on how to fix. Door latches, generator, furnace fan that wouldn't shut off last night and is also losing a bearing from the sounds of it. And maybe the coach battery as it got run down to almost nothing last night. Which is why I was in a hurry to set the solar panels back up this morning...

Sent from my Huawei Mobile


  1. Find some way so your panels won't blow over in the wind. That is the one thing you don't have to worry about if they are mounted.
    Not sure how much the cracked glass will affect the output on the panel.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

  2. Oh boy!The furnace fan will kill your battery faster than anything else in the rig. It is a power hog! If worse comes to worst re-read George and Suzi's blog on buying the propane heater. They have no fan and burn very little propane, much less than your present furnace.

  3. We had to put a new furnace fan in a couple of years ago, bearing gone, Rv Lifestyles, and also our the propane heater there as well this year.

  4. Broken glass panels still put out power, just not as much. I had a couple 325 watt panels damaged by wind blowover too. Best thing is to carefully clean them and paint a couple coats of high quality clear marine varnish, to keep moisture out. Not a total fix, but helps broken panel last longer.

  5. Nothing like owning your own MH. At least it can be fixed. Just little stuff. Gives you something to do.

  6. I completely agree with what Croft has told you.