Friday, May 11, 2018

Yeah, I’m still alive

I started a part time job this week driving for a local shuttle.  He calls, I go pick someone up and take them where they are going, usually go pick them up again after awhile.  I couldn’t live off this if I had to, but it keeps me out of trouble.  I’m probably saving more by not spending because I’m bored than I am making in money.  It is almost a service for folks here as there is little or no public transportation here.  Just a couple of these small shuttle services.

I had new tires put on the motor home, so some things are progressing.  I’m still putting things back in place from moving the motor home to get tires.  If I was moving around more I’d have to come up with a better plan for things to not move around while traveling.  Right now I just dismantle the table and move the computers someplace safe.  I’d do built-ins if I had to do this every day.

Trips away are on hold while I take advantage of making some small amount of money.  Mom is doing well.  We have our evacuation plan in place where she drives to the motor home and I drive it while she follows me driving her car in whatever direction we are told to go.  This is important as just this morning I heard bunches of fire trucks headed up the Rim.  It is wildfire season from now until the monsoons come.  I hope those rains do show up.  We didn’t get the winter or spring rains and it is very dry.  This is another reason for not leaving the area right now.  Mom can drive and follow me while I drive the motor home but she doesn’t want to drive outside of town by herself.

Summer up in the pines.

5 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you and glad things are coming together. A small job and keeping out of trouble , sounds like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything to keep you busy and out of trouble. Lol sure hope you don't ever have to evacuate but it is so very dry everywhere down here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find a way to keep things exciting! Keep a watch out for those fires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems summertime is arriving here sooner than usual. Low 90's every day, but low humidity too. Glad you are still among the living!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to her from you..glad things are going well. Great that you and mom have a plan and hope you never have to use it! The little job sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete