Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Work In Progress Wednesday

This odd picture is the shawl, or whatever it ends up being when I run out of yarn, that is frustrating me right now. I really like the yarn and colors. I decided on size 11 needles and garter stitch to give it a lighter weight and drape. That part is working. It is much wider than it will be long before I run out of the thrift store skeins. I think I got 5 and am 1.5 in currently.

The frustration is that the needle I was using is an interchangeable set that I have had for years. The set has been showing it's age and I've had my eye on a really nice set on Amazon. In the past 2 days I managed to break 2 of the connecting cables. There were dropped stitches each time, and a scurrying to get the stitches on to a smaller needle to use as a stitch holder. I don't know if in my collection of circular needles I have any long enough in a size 11. If I do, they are in the storage unit.

Excuse me while I head to town to the storage unit before it gets dark. Then I will sit down and pull out the credit card and buy the new shiny set of addi needles I really want. That is if they come up as far as a size 11.

Thrift store yarn is not always as inexpensive as it seems at first...

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having fun and keeping us connected, Nice to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is 100% Greek speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete