Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wednesday Work In Progress

I have spent a lot of the past week knitting.  I finished the shawl/lap robe/whatever it is by finally getting to the end of the yarn.  I really like the yarn.  I may at some point unravel it and make something else, or maybe I’ll just use it as a throw. The problem with having it on the couch is that Bosley likes to play with it, and has already gotten one stitch kinda pulled out.  I’ll fix that.

IMG_20180829_115400_resized_20180829_115445613


I grabbed some more of the thrift shop yarn and wanted to make a more structured shawl with it.  I went to Ravelry and found a free pattern called Favorite by Lisa Doherty.  It is what is called a boomerang shaped shawl and is just 2 rows repeated.  I like to have a mindless knitting project that I can pick up and put down while I knit other things and this works very well for that.

IMG_20180829_110015

This will just grow as I add rows.  The yarn is a fuzzy acrylic and is very soft.  I have 5 skeins of this yarn and so I may be making several of these wraps/shawls. 

I also completed 2 more of the preemie hats.  I’m tired of the small yarn I’ve been using so I’ll switch up and make the next hat from something else.  I have so much thrift shop yarn that I have plenty to choose from.  I am excited about these smaller projects because I can use up the odd skeins from my stash.  Now if I could just stop buying more yarn.

Then again, I’m wanting to start a top-down seamless sweater, and I’ll buy yarn for that.  There are 2 techniques  I want to learn, the easier being to do a top down raglan sleeve. The I want to try something called a contiguous (or set in) sleeve.  Not sure which I’ll tackle first.  This seems more like something I’ll do this winter.

Sorry, Big Foot, I know this was all gibberish to you.  Smile  Also, I’ll pull out my actual camera and start using it again.  The phone pictures don’t work so well lately.

4 comments:

  1. Wish I had a creative streak in me :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit, by the 4th paragraph I was into speed read scanning mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula,
    It looks really nice...I checked out Boomerang too...and it looks cool...I'm looking forward to seeing yours...
    ~Affectioknit-ly,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete