Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Movin' On

I picked a storage unit place out of the on-line yellow pages, reserved a unit through their central off (Public Storage, you don't get to talk to the locals till you commit), and when I got there it was a place I could also drop off the truck and carrier. Got the Jeep off the carrier and got it unhooked and unofficially turned in. Then I spent the rest of the day unloading all the stuff I drug out here. It barely fit into the 10x10 unit. The Jeep is stuffed, and that doesn't account for all the stuff I've got in the hotel room. It's going to take several trips to get moved out of the motel room. I extended for another day.

I need to shower and then get breakfast somewhere on the way to check in the truck. Then, start looking for a temporary home. There is a sign at the small trailer court next to the storage place that says Mobile Home for Rent. I'll start there. I grew up in trailer courts, so living in one is no big deal. RV parks seem to be just up-scale trailer courts anyway. If the mobile home is month-to-month it will buy me time to find my own RV.

At bit later... I got a couple of phone calls, and one of them was from Lori, my new co-worker. I verified that the mobile home park is in an ok part of town, so if the accomodations work I'll probably do that. I've had my shower, and Advil, and 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee. The world looks brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment