Sunday, August 22, 2010

Breathe

I'm starting to hyperventilate.  Just part of the process.  This morning I started to pack my kitchen.  That sort of overstates it, as it meant that I moved one of my empty 46 gal containers to the dining room and started to put something in it.  That something was one of my large stainless cook pots.  I figured that the inside would be fair game to pack, and took the lid off.  It was such a good idea that I had done the same thing on another move, and the teas and such that I'd packed there were still in it.  I put them with the other teas I have, and walked away.

I put the other empty tub in the bedroom and started to put blankets in it.  I have decided that blankets are necessary to pad other things, so putting the two in is as far as I got.  Of course I simultaneously realized that my blankets, pillows and sheets would completely fill one of the tubs.  And that is not nearly 1/12th of my stuff.  Breathe... breathe...

On tap for the rest of today:  make a circuit of the X-Marts and find more of the large tubs.  Find more clothes to get rid of.  Repack all of my hiking gear for storage.  This hurts, to acknowledge that I admit I won't be using it for a long while.  I'm taking my down sleeping bag, one hammock, my tarp.  Not a lot else, camping gear wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment