Thursday, March 21, 2013

I Passed

I passed the final of the three classes to be certified in whatever it is I'm doing now. I still am not sure I can handle the full job physically, or what I'll do in the warehouse, but I guess I'll find out starting tomorrow. Everyone is still finding their way in this new company.

Chicago is way too cold. If the weather doesn't break soon I will need to hit the stores somewhere this weekend and find more warm clothes. I have some with me, but I need thicker base layers (long johns to those of us a bit older) and a warmer jacket. I did find my winter hats/beanies and gloves, which should help.

No real time or opportunity to do much that is interesting. When it warms up I want to get out more into downtown. However, the idea of heading to Navy Pier in 20-30 degree weather doesn't do much for me. We did go out last Friday night and get some great Chicago pizza. The guys liked it, but I don't know if anyone is up for it again. I'm getting really tired of fast food and so I hope we move to someplace with kitchen facilities soon. There are some interesting looking ethnic and Asian super markets around here, but with no stove or fridge I don't even want to go in and look yet.

And so the adventure continues.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing the test. I am sure you will be able to handle the position and make short work of the work. Maybe you will be promoted to vice president after a few weeks. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved downtown Chicago, and especially the pizza. There certainly is something for every taste and every budget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the test. I never had a doubt. As for Shytown - keep your powder dry and your feathers warm :+)

    ReplyDelete