Friday, March 29, 2013

What day is this again?

I'm at Mom's going through my mountains of stuff. The paperwork is making it's rounds on the new job, so all I can do is wait. I plan to head to Phoenix sometime around the 15th. That plan is very tentative, though. My start date at the new job is either the 22nd or 29th of April.

I landed at Mom's last Saturday on her birthday. I said 'great birthday present, huh? Your 50-mumble unemployed daughter shows up at your doorstep looking for a place to stay." She takes it all in stride, though. She feeds me and gives up her bed for me to sleep in. I would sleep in the recliner, but the fight to change her isn't worth the energy.

Before I leave I want to swap out one of the 10'x20' storage units for a 10'x10' one. The jeep is no longer in storage so I don't need at much room now. Even when my stuff gets here from Honduras I won't need that large a unit. So, maybe today or tomorrow at the latest I'll go see the manager and see what he can do for me. I'm getting a good deal on that unit as it isn't cosmetically as nice as his others, being one of the older units. Mom used to work for him when he first opened, and he knows I pay up several months at a time, so he really works with me.

Yesterday I went and started the process of sorting the things in the jeep unit as there isn't as much in that unit. Today I'll go and pack back up all that I unpacked yesterday in a way that hopefully makes it easier to find what I want. I am getting rid of some things, but not as much as I need to. It's a process for me. I have at least a week to get more organized, do my taxes, get the jeep serviced, and pack up to leave.

4 comments:

  1. You got everything under control. If the old big storage unit doesn't cost much more than the newer smaller one, maybe you should keep it. The extra room may come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your 50-mumble unemployed daughter" Got to love that phrase...may I borrow it?

    Your blog writing sounds more cheerful since you left Chicago.

    You have a lot of things to do to get ready for the move but it seems that you have everything under control.

    Best of luck and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off topic but I thought I would bring this story to your attention if you have not already read it. It is good that your out of Honduras and Chicago although Phoenix has its share of killings - stay safe.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2301917/San-Pedro-Sula-Honduras-city-tops-list-worlds-violent-places.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed: Yeah, I knew that Honduras was one of, if not the most dangerous places to live while I was down there. That is why I didn't get out and do much interesting. Since I lived there and wasn't just passing through it was too easy for someone to figure out my habits and take advantage of that. Some day I'll go back and visit and see all the things I miss this past go round.

    ReplyDelete