Saturday, May 11, 2013

More holes get filled

A trip to Goodwill, which is amazingly close it turns out, and for $3 I have a real plate that I can use in the microwave and a set of metal eating utensils. I also went to Costco and got some food. I now have frozen chicken tenders and frozen vegetables and berries (without seeds...) and individual pizzas. Also some sliced cheese. I like cheese and mayonnaise sandwiches as much as the ones I put the roast beef slices on, so I'm good for lunches for awhile now. A cheese sandwich and a frozen burrito or pizza and I can make the 8 hour shifts I'm on now. I'll need more to make it through the 12 hour shifts I'll have when I get trained, but by then I hope to be actually cooking again.

In between those two places I drove over to Tortilla Flats. I did take a couple of pictures and hope to at least update my header picture this weekend. Maybe the background one as well. I am still not a desert rat and am more one of them there tourons who just drive by in their air conditioned car. I figure I'll drive around during the summer heat and get an idea of the layout around here and then actually get out and enjoy walking and hiking the area this fall and winter. It is pretty amazing country, but the lack of shade gives me pause when thinking of leaving the Jeep behind and walking down a trail.

Slowly things are coming together. I still need a few more cleaning items and some peanut butter. I forgot(!) to get some when I was at WalMart the other day and CostCo only has Skippy! Who'd a thunk. So, tomorrow probably means a trip to the Mart. Then no more spending money for awhile.

4 comments:

  1. When you were in Tortilla Flatts, did you try some of that prickly pear cactus ice-cream? It sure was goooood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love Costco?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the store at Mining Camp has prickly pear jelly! (I'm sure they have prickly pear jelly other places we just never really looked.) And if you can get a hold of some cactus honey to go with your peanut butter, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you went to Goodwill and for next to nothing got you a plate and eating utensils...that can make all the difference in the world.

    Girl you need to eat more than cheese and mayo sandwiches to be able to put in a full day at work...no wonder you are so skinny!

    See I told you things would soon fall into place for you. When your stuff gets there from Honduras you will have it made in the shade...no pun intended :D

    ReplyDelete