Saturday, June 23, 2018

To Everything There Is A Season

My Uncle Bob died this evening.  He was at home, I assume.  I had called my Aunt earlier today and learned he started going downhill on Monday.  He made it through Father’s Day able to walk with his walker and sit at the table and enjoy the meal with the family who came to see him.  On Monday he started the quick slide down.  Earlier my Aunt was going over the signs of impending death with me from the list given to her this week by hospice, and said he had most of them.  This isn’t the surprise it would have been if I hadn’t made the call earlier.

I don’t know if I’m going back to Missouri for the funeral.  The point of going when I did was to see him while he was still alive.  I’ll play it by ear.  If I think my Aunt wants me there I’ll go.

Those who watch my side bar see that Doug Begley, the author of Strolling Amok died this week as well.  He went lying in his bed in his truck camper.  His son went to check on him when he wasn’t returning phone calls.  He had just made it back to the area where his kids are.  I never met him in person but I had made notes to check out some of the places he camped.  He put a lot of detail about the places in his blog which makes them seem findable.  I’ll leave Doug’s blog up on my side bar for quite awhile.  I think I left Rod Ivers’ blog up at least a year after he passed.

I have no words of wisdom.  This is the season of my life, when I’m losing the folks who have been a part of my life.  It isn’t easy.

6 comments:

  1. "This is the season of my life...It isn’t easy."

    No, it is not. Hugs. Make the trip if you can, for some reason it helps in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Paula, you were close to your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read of your loss may he now RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your Uncle but at least your see him recently and that was very important.
    Also sad to hear about the passing of Mr. Begely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your loss but after everything your uncle has been through he can RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry. But being able to see him was the best. I'm just happy to hear that he went quickly. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete