Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More Neat Stuff

I'm just gonna leave this window open and link to the neat stuff I'm finding this morning.

http://myhouseofblues.com/ This link is also from Lloyd Kahn. He posted it a few days ago and I finally had time to go there today. Just enjoyed Eric Clapton doing Cocaine and remembered why I like his music so much. Also listened to him and BB King doing Rock Me Baby. Great stuff. All music, not bling. Cool site that I'll go back to. It's all on YouTube video, but it's organized to find the blues.

One more from Lloyd: http://bit.ly/1hF5x2 It's a cliff house, modern style with lots-o-glass and wood. Kinda neat, but I have a few issues with it. Maybe. It does blend in with the landscape than most houses would, but I wonder things like where does their water come from, and where does waste water go...

http://www.missminimalist.com/ This woman hangs out at SimpleLiving.net on the discussion boards. She and her husband just got rid of (almost) everything and moved from the US to the UK and started over. This is the story of their journey to learn to live with Just Enough. She's a good writer, and has pictures. Interesting stuff if you are like me and (still!) trying to learn to let go of all this stuff. I understand some of her pain of having to go out and repurchase items that she had just spent energy getting rid of. I had to so some of that. A microwave and those plastic dressers I just bought are the main things. Oh, and the dining room table that I keep promising to take a picture of...

I'm going to post this now. I almost lost it among my open windows when I went on to a new blog here instead of the window I was using. If I find anything else neat I'll post it.

1 comment:

  1. Ola! For some reason your blog link doesn't let me know when you update, so I didn't check in soon enough to know that you're keeping the November pledge. Great! I'll have to go have a look at the links you've posted.

    ReplyDelete