Friday, November 05, 2010

Still Here

Just a quick note before Ben calls out the Calvary.  On Sunday night, starting about 10pm, there was a loud pary with DJ in the party room 2 floors above me.  At 11pm I went down and asked how late it would go and got blank looks from the Hotel people.  It went till 3:30am.  On a work night.  Later I was assured that is a once a year thing.  I said 'next time it happens on a work night, put me in a different room'.  Monday and Tuesday after work were spent catching up on sleep.  Wednesday I didn't have internet access, some kind of DNS issue.  Last night my shipment arrived, and I spent the evening  having a nervous breakdown while some very strong guys from the hotel carried all my stuff up 2 flights of stairs.  There is no elevator in this hotel.  The hotel staff does try very hard to take care of me, which is why I'm going to live here.
 
More details, and a post about last weekend's trip, later.  Really.

5 comments:

  1. WEll, OK then, at least we know you are still kicking. Looking forward to the detailed update later. Thanks for checking in. I do worry cause you ain't in Kansas anymore!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as Ben, glad you are doing OK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for putting the pressure on, Ben. I also am glad to hear some news. I figured you were busy moving, sorting, organizing your stuff. Now you will be! For the record, I got rid of a load of stuff yesterday, which required the Suburban to haul. I admit it was not a full load, but it is a start. I am sorting clothes today, letting go, letting go . . .well, not enough yet but it is a start. I am think of your example as I do it. : ) I bid you happiness and peacefulness as you reunite with valued things, and see with a new clarity the stuff you no longer need. Turtle Lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes on getting settled in to the new apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, if someone calls out the Calvary, do you get saved? ;-)

    ReplyDelete