Sunday, May 15, 2016

Circle of procrastination

I look around the place and think about how ‘I need to do that’ about everything.  Then I think ‘First, I need to do that, though’.  My circle of procrastination becomes a mobius strip, going round and round with no beginning and, apparently, no end.

I went up to Payson yesterday to take Mom to lunch, but really to focus again on where I’m attempting to land.  It is much nicer up there right now than the heat we are having here in the valley.  The only thing keeping me here is All My Stuff that I need to deal with, either trashing, donating, or in a very few cases sell.  I just need to deal. 

I have a history of packing up.  I, with lots of help from friends, moved 3 times while living in Nashville, moved to Washington State, moved to Honduras, moved back and then out here to Phoenix.  The difference this time is I’m alone.  I set my own timeline on things.  This isn’t good so far.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to have the dash in the RV looked at, specifically the air conditioning and also the 12V plug.  I’m hoping they are just blown fuses.  I’m outsourcing pretty much all of the repairs at this point just to get them finished.  After that I need to get a hitch on the RV as the one there isn’t really attached properly to pull anything.  It looks impressive, but is just to mount the spare tire, which currently is in the middle of the floor taking up most of the room to walk.

No calls on the mobile home yet.

I’m overwhelmed, does it show?

6 comments:

  1. Just remember, one foot ahead of the other and you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trailer will sell eventually, and your ad looks really nice. Enjoy the hiatus, for when it does, things will get busy way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the procrastination. My big problem is I can't move anything into the Bungalow because we haven't turned on the air there and we won't til this week-end. So it's too hot. But we do have a deadline which pushes us to get stuff done. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things will come together. Best not look at the whole picture, just do one thing, then the next and eventually nothing left to do, just hit the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check the date on the spare tire. I suspect it is probably too old to be of any use. There will be a small box with four numbers in it indicating the week and year of manufacture. For example, 1108 indicating the tire was manufactured in the 11th week of 2008. Anything older than five or six years needs replacing.

    I have found little value to carrying a spare tire. If you get a flat you will never be able to change it yourself (I can't either) and you will have to call a mobile tire truck or a tow truck. By the time you need it, the spare will have aged out and not be any good anyway. Best to just buy a new tire when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a world class procrastinator. Welcome to the Club!

    ReplyDelete