Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Better today

After coffee and donuts down at the community room this morning I ended up sitting with Sandie and Jim's dogs while they ran errands today.  That was an easy start to a slow day.  I put some lentils and leftover lamb into the Instant Pot before heading over and it was done and waiting for me when I got home.  They had gotten me a sandwich while they were out so I wasn't hungry right then.  I put most of the lentil stew into freezer containers and froze for later and put some for tomorrow in the fridge.  Then, I slept the rest of the day.  I did do a couple of walks around the park to wake up, and then I did the dishes.  Nothing else to report.

Tomorrow I go up to Payson to see Mom.  I want to find more stuff in the storage unit to get rid of.  I know some of what I want to get rid of, the problem is getting to it.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it won't be wet or too cold to work in the unit.

I am feeling the dive I take both physically and mentally when I increase my physical exercise.  I will lay low for tomorrow again and then go back to the gym on Thursday.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.  I have to allow for how my body works.

3 comments:

  1. I piddled in my grow room planting seeds in grow cubes yesterday. And later sat on the front porch while puffing a cheap cigar. Rain coming Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is an Instant Pot the same as a Crock-Pot? I like lentils but my propane supply is running low so I would like to use an alternative cooking method.

    Wish I had a neighbor that I could trust to come feed the boys and Katie. Ever since the incident with the raccoon and possum I can no longer leave them food outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be difficult to get started but once you make the habit of exercising you will look forward to it to the point that the Endorphins become addictive. The trick is to start every other day then once it becomes a habit you can even do it daily. Next don't set the bar too high to start. Once you get in your routine you can slowly increase your time, difficulty level and even repetitions.
    Nice that you were able to help Jim and Sandie with their dogs.
    Be Safe and Enjoy visiting with your Mom.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete