Thursday, February 07, 2013

Transition

I am officially in transition. I'm pulling a backup of the desktop, so I'm moved to my mobile setup. Slower and a smaller screen, poor me. There has been a snag in the process of getting the shipping company out here. Everything takes longer down here. An appointment only means that they will show up if something else more interesting doesn't come along. I am continuing to pack. I am to the point that I can have everything to be shipped packed up in about an hour. Knowing that they need to 'repack' it took a lot of my motivation away. However, this is Honduras so I figure the unpacking won't really be more than a cursory checking. The computer and some pottery I bought down here is all that is left. Then the rest of the stuff to be mailed. Then just wait for everyone else. EDITED TO ADD: My Landlady came back last night with the grandson. They bought my little clothes washer and spinner. What she haneded me wasn't what I had asked for, but Mom has an identical set she is no long using in MO, so I decided to just let it go. They were funny, wanting to make sure again that I was leaving everything I had piled in the room for them when leave.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you have done your part. Now lets hope the shipping company comes through for you in a timely fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day you will look back on the slower pace of life with fond memories, but now you just want outta there.

    ReplyDelete